- Three Rules of Diabetes Tech: Simplify, Simplify, Simplify Three Rules of Diabetes Tech: Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
John Sjolund is the CEO and co-founder of Timesulin, a company that makes a clever digital insulin pen cap that keeps track of your dosing. You may have heard about their launch in Canada on Oct. 1 and Finland in…The post Three Rules [...]
- A Skeptic’s View of Our Summit: Anger and Hope in Palo Alto A Skeptic’s View of Our Summit: Anger and Hope in Palo Alto
Those of you who read our weekly Ask D’Mine column know what a skeptic Wil Dubois is. We can’t help loving him for it! He’s also one of our devoted editorial team members, so keep that all in mind as…The post A Skep [...]
- Final Aware-lidays Giveaway: Hey, Jerry the Bear! Final Aware-lidays Giveaway: Hey, Jerry the Bear!
It’s been so much fun hosting the 2013 DiabetesMine ‘Aware-lidays’ Giveaway, mashing up November’s Diabetes Awareness Month activities with the start of the Holiday Season (read: Awareness + Holidays = ‘Aware-lidays!’). In our f
- Sunday Funnies: Giving Diabetes the Cold Finger Sunday Funnies: Giving Diabetes the Cold Finger
Winter temperatures have arrived, and with them, one more “fun” little challenge for us PWDs (people with diabetes)… Brrr. Our fingers and BGs are shivering! Thanks to the ever-talented Jerry K [...]
- Ask D’Mine: Is the (Diabetes Med) World Actually Flat…? Ask D’Mine: Is the (Diabetes Med) World Actually Flat…?
Happy Saturday, and welcome back to our weekly advice column, Ask D’Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and educator Wil Dubois. This week, Wil examines a recent mainstream media news story that told us people with diabetes (PWD [...]
Diabetes Stops Here
- Shop This Holiday Season to Stop Diabetes® Shop This Holiday Season to Stop Diabetes®
Today officially kicks-off the holiday shopping season and with that, the focus is now about getting through your shopping list! But don’t worry, we have just the suggestion for how you can get started picking out the perfect gift for every [...]
- Diabetes Advocate Honored By WebMD Diabetes Advocate Honored By WebMD
The Association is thrilled to announce that one of our extraordinary diabetes advocates, Tracy Milligan of Jacksonville, Florida, has been named a 2013 WebMD Health Heroes award winner. Continue reading →
- National Service Achievement Award Winners National Service Achievement Award Winners
Each year, the American Diabetes Association recognizes the outstanding contributions of individuals in the service of the diabetes community through its National Service Achievement Awards. Continue reading →
- Thanksgiving Recipe Throwdown! Thanksgiving Recipe Throwdown!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it’s time to start planning a menu! What’s better than having your friends and family for dinner, while also treating them to some tasty and healthy side dishes? We invited four American Diabetes [...]
- Skin Complications and Diabetes Skin Complications and Diabetes
Diabetes can affect every part of the body, including the skin.As many as one out of three people who are living with diabetes will have a skin disorder caused or affected by diabetes at some time in their lives. Continue reading →
Diabetes Views (MGH Diabetes Education)
- Managing Holiday Stress Tweet Chat with the Benson-Henry Institute Managing Holiday Stress Tweet Chat with the Benson-Henry Institute
- All About (Cooking) Oil All About (Cooking) Oil
The last time you went to the supermarket, did you happen to notice all the different types of cooking oils on the shelf? There’re the old standbys olive and canola oils, but you may also encounter things like walnut, sesame and even avoca [...]
- Apple Spiced Sweet Potatoes Apple Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Jazz up your Thanksgiving table with this sweet potato recipe from the MGH Be Fit program that features seasonal spices and a healthy dose of vitamin A to help protect your body against infection. Ingredients: 1½ pound sweet potatoes 1½ cup [...]
- Healthy Holiday Cooking Chat Healthy Holiday Cooking Chat
Thanks to everyone who tuned in to our healthy holiday cooking chat earlier this week. Click below for highlights. Hope you’ll join us next month when we talk strategies for managing holiday stress with The Benson-Henry Institute for [...]
- Today is World Diabetes Day Today is World Diabetes Day
November 14th is World Diabetes Day, a day set aside to help raise awareness of diabetes across the globe. Created in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization, World Diabetes Day later became an offic [...]
- Managing diabetes in the winter: Safety tips Managing diabetes in the winter: Safety tips
When winter temperatures drop and holidays abound, take extra steps to safely manage your diabetes.
- Flu shot extra important if you have diabetes Flu shot extra important if you have diabetes
If you have diabetes, you're at increased risk of flu-related complications and death. Reduce your risk with a flu shot.
- Diabetes after pancreatectomy: A unique challenge Diabetes after pancreatectomy: A unique challenge
If you need your pancreas removed (pancreatectomy), you’ll immediately develop type 1 diabetes and unique challenges.
- Diabetes: Take baby steps toward healthy lifestyle changes Diabetes: Take baby steps toward healthy lifestyle changes
When making lifestyle changes to manage diabetes, consider starting with small, realistic, measurable steps.
- Diabetes and weight loss: Tips for success Diabetes and weight loss: Tips for success
Diabetes and weight loss: Aim for success by learning from those who've achieved long-term weight loss.
- GE Silent Scan Expands to More MRI Sequences; Enables Fully Silent Neuro Scan GE Silent Scan Expands to More MRI Sequences; Enables Fully Silent Neuro Scan
A major theme for MRI scanner vendors at RSNA this year is scanning with less audible noise. GE may have started this trend last year with the introduction of its Silent Scan technique. At the time of its introduction, however, it was limit [...]
- Tongue Controlled Wheelchair Performs Better than Conventional Sip and Puff Systems Tongue Controlled Wheelchair Performs Better than Conventional Sip and Puff Systems
Researchers from Georgia Tech have published a new study in which a wheelchair using a tongue controlled navigation system (see flashbacks below for previous coverage) has provided improved performance compared to conventional sip and puff [...]
- Q&A About Online Physician Communities Q&A About Online Physician Communities
Networking, collaboration, and partnership with others is a major part of a lot of professionals’ daily life in nearly all industries today. Doctors and their work are particularly influenced by professional relationships, and an enti [...]
- Precision Oncology: Interview with Presage Biosciences Founder Dr. James Olson Precision Oncology: Interview with Presage Biosciences Founder Dr. James Olson
As the costs of sequencing and drug testing continue to be driven down, we’ll increasingly see technologies that take into account differences between people and even within people. The hope is that this will lead to ultra-personalize [...]
- GE Introduces Invenia ABUS, an Improved Automated Breast Ultrasound System GE Introduces Invenia ABUS, an Improved Automated Breast Ultrasound System
GE is introducing a new version of its automated breast ultrasound system at RSNA conference, the Invenia ABUS. The system provides some new automated compression tools for enhanced workflow and ergonomics, enabling the capture of whole bre [...]
Six Until Me
- Email Subscriptions. Email Subscriptions.
Hi there! Posting one last time over on this platform, in case you haven't subscribed to the new blog update. If you want to continue to receive email updates from the blog, you'll need to visit the new site and click on the ema [...]
- Domain Shuffle. Domain Shuffle.
There's a new look at Six Until Me, but you may need to clear your browser cache (or go to www.sixuntilme.com/wp) to view the new blog. Thanks for reading!
- Always Learning. Always Learning.
I just figured out what the hell this thing is for:Capping up a pre-filled insulin pump cartridge. For YEARS now I've been wondering what the hell this was, and then tossing it into the garbage after a site change (but then finding [...]
- D-Blog Week: At Least It's Not ... D-Blog Week: At Least It's Not ...
Today's D-Blog Week prompt is: "If you could switch chronic diseases, which one would you choose to deal with instead of diabetes? And while we’re considering other chronic conditions, do you think your participation in the [...]
- D-Blog Week: Accomplishments, Big and Small. D-Blog Week: Accomplishments, Big and Small.
My biggest accomplishment? This is pretty big:My smallest accomplishment? My littlest friend:Enough said.[For more posts on Accomplishments, Big and Small, check out these links!]
Your Diabetes May Vary
- Abbott Recalls Certain FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Test Strips Abbott Recalls Certain FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Test Strips
From https://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/press-room/2013/2013-h.html:November 27, 2013ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Nov. 27, 2013 — Abbott today announced it is initiating a voluntary recall of 20 lots of FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Te [...]
- HON Certified HON Certified
I am happy to announce that Your Diabetes May Vary is now a HON Certified site.I try to be trust worth and transparent, if at time a loony, patient / caregiver voice. HON creates a structure that respects and allow me to pledges to honor th [...]
- Charlie Kimball on DSMALive Rents Nov 18 Charlie Kimball on DSMALive Rents Nov 18
Join Lorraine and I as we chat with Charlie Kimball, IndyCar's #83, Winner of Mid Ohio and T1D.Geeky racing call in questions welcome, as are geeky diabetes questions.http://www.blogtalkradio.com/diabetessocmed/2013/11/19/dsma-live-rents-ch [...]
- Hyper is an understatement, Brilliant Makeup. Hyper is an understatement, Brilliant Makeup.
This is brilliant:
- StripSafely & Tim Gunn's Sports Jacket. StripSafely & Tim Gunn's Sports Jacket.
Who doesn't love a sequel to a summer block buster?OK it may be a stretch to call StripSafely a summer block buster but a guy can dream right?DSMA's Blog Carnival is revisiting the Strip Issue with this prompt:What would your comment be on [...]
- Misty The Wonder Pup Misty The Wonder Pup
My friend Misty is a Wonder Pup for sure. But her Wonder Pup skills also sorta freaked me out this weekend - but in an amazing way!######My friend Misty~This past weekend I was lucky enough to stay with good friends and unwind. We talk [...]
- Here's Your Chance To Get KINDED! Here's Your Chance To Get KINDED!
Today's your chance to get "KINDED!" Yep, being "KINDED" is a real thing and it's delicious! Today's holiday giveaway is a funky looking Kind Cube filled with 16 delicious gluten free KIND Bars.A little KIND for you and some KIND [...]
- A Hodge-Podge of Diabetes Giveaways, Cyber Monday & #GivingTuesday A Hodge-Podge of Diabetes Giveaways, Cyber Monday & #GivingTuesday
Thanksgiving is done, Diabetes Awareness Month is officially over, but our dedication to diabetes advocacy is not. I know November was exhausting as far as diabetes awareness was concerned, but keep spreading the diabetes word guys!We [...]
- 'Oy- Vey, Gobble, Gobble, It's A Special Time Of Year…..' 'Oy- Vey, Gobble, Gobble, It's A Special Time Of Year…..'
This video cracked me up and made me smile!I'm so very thankful for my entire #diabetes #doc #dsma family! Wishing you all lots of laughter, love & boatloads of thankfulness for family & friends of all faiths & cu [...]
- Being Thankful & Paying It Forward~ Being Thankful & Paying It Forward~
Insulin was discovered in 1921 and in 1922, Leonard Thompson was the first person with diabetes to receive the gift of life via insulin. Since then, insulin has saved millions of lives -Including mine & yours. I'm incredibly t [...]
Everyone's Blog Posts - TuDiabetes
- Something special on the wind Something special on the wind
- Help! "Unexplained Loss of Vision" Help! "Unexplained Loss of Vision"
- Okay, Omnipod. Okay, Omnipod.
- Richard Vaughn: 68 Years of Diabetes Health Richard Vaughn: 68 Years of Diabetes Health
- When I don't Know what to do... When I don't Know what to do...