Clinical Care Options Hepatitis - HBV
Clinical Care Options Hepatitis - HCV
Hepatitis B News Feed
Medical News Today
- Some omega-3 oils better than others for protection against liver disease Some omega-3 oils better than others for protection against liver disease
Research has found that one particular omega-3 fatty acid has a powerful effect in preventing liver inflammation and fibrosis -- common problems that are steadily rising along with the number of Americans who are overweight.
- Target 'super-spreaders' to stop hepatitis C Target 'super-spreaders' to stop hepatitis C
Each intravenous drug user contracting hepatitis C is likely to infect around 20 other people with the virus, half of these transmissions occurring in the first two years after the user is first infected, a new study estimates.
- Chronic hepatitis C: Interferon may be harmful in re-treatment Chronic hepatitis C: Interferon may be harmful in re-treatment
People with hepatitis C and chronic liver disease who relapsed or failed to respond to initial treatment are unlikely to improve on interferon retreatment. In fact, they may face an increased risk of dying sooner, and are likely to experien [...]
- Binge drinking can dramatically amplify damage to the liver Binge drinking can dramatically amplify damage to the liver
A new review examines studies addressing the effects of binge drinking on the liver. Binge consumption of alcohol is implicated in the pathophysiology of ALD. Binge drinking alters the levels of several cellular components and dramatically [...]
- Decline in available liver transplants expected Decline in available liver transplants expected
A new study has found that the non-use of donor livers climbed through 2010 due to a worsening of donor liver quality, primarily from donation following cardiac death.