- Lasers in Tattoo Removal: Which Laser is the Best? Lasers in Tattoo Removal: Which Laser is the Best?
Although there is no any lasers that is 100% efficient in removing tattoo. Several new laser techniques are being tried for tattoo removal. Among them Q-switched lasers seems to work well and is quite effective in removing tattoo. Being sai [...]
- Does Laser Hair Removal Work? Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
There is a not specific laser that works perfect on every individual. However, there are several lasers that provide successful hair removal depending on your skin type, hair color. Some of the commonly used lasers are ruby lasers, alexandr [...]
- Geographic Tongue Geographic Tongue
Geographic tongue, also known as benign migratory glossitis or oral erythema migrans is a harmless condition that affects the surface of your tongue. Although geographic tongue may look scary to you, it doesn’t cause any serious healt [...]
- What to Choose – A Closed or Open Rhinoplasty Surgery What to Choose – A Closed or Open Rhinoplasty Surgery
Cosmetic procedures have become so common in recent years, as people have started using it to change the way they look and feel. One of the facial features that some have started to change is the nose. The surgery of the nose is medically k [...]
- Cracked Tongue or Fissured Tongue – Should You be Worried? Cracked Tongue or Fissured Tongue – Should You be Worried?
Have you ever worried because you have cracked or fissured tongue? Don’t worry, you are not alone, millions of people around the world have it. The good news is that this condition is often harmless and is usually considered as variant of n [...]
- Vitiligo: how to evaluate it, classify it and treat it. The experts opinion. Vitiligo: how to evaluate it, classify it and treat it. The experts opinion.
Vitiligo is a very prevalent disorder and dermatologists have to manage it in the everyday practice. Guidelines for the management of vitiligo have just been published in the British Journal of Dermatology. If you treat patients suffering [...]
- Pigmented lesion on the back. What is you diagnosis? Pigmented lesion on the back. What is you diagnosis?
Lesion on the back 2013 from francisco Peral
- Take care with fingerprint verification if you suffer from hand dermatitis. Take care with fingerprint verification if you suffer from hand dermatitis.
The use of fingerprint verification as a method to perform all kind of transactions and registrations is increasing worldwide. Fingerprints have two main advantages to do so: they stay stable over time and they are unique to every person. [...]
- Basal cell carcinoma. Dermoscopy. Basal cell carcinoma. Dermoscopy.
Basal cell carcinoma. dermoscopy from francisco Peral
- Adjuvant therapy in malignant melanoma: the experts opinion. Adjuvant therapy in malignant melanoma: the experts opinion.
Adjuvant treatment of resected melanoma at high risk of recurrence with interferon alfa2-b (IFNalfa2b) or with its pegylated form, only approved in the USA and Switzerland, continues to be a subject of constant debate. In a recent paper p [...]
- The Quest for Viable Alopecia Treatments for Men and Women The Quest for Viable Alopecia Treatments for Men and Women
- Avoiding Skin Cancer for Teens - Appeal to Vanity Avoiding Skin Cancer for Teens - Appeal to Vanity
- Therapeutic Options for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Therapeutic Options for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
- Evidence for Supplement Use in Atopic Dermatitis Evidence for Supplement Use in Atopic Dermatitis
- Will Sunscreen Use Affect Vitamin D? Will Sunscreen Use Affect Vitamin D?
- Follow Friday + Nicki’s Personal Updates: 6 Confessions of My Startup Life Follow Friday + Nicki’s Personal Updates: 6 Confessions of My Startup Life
Last June , I took a leave of absence from medical school to concentrate on building FutureDerm. I had all of these ideas for skin care products and web applications, and I figured, as a 27-year-old single woman without children, ther [...]
- Makeup Brushes – ecoTools Essential Eye Set Makeup Brushes – ecoTools Essential Eye Set
Product purchased by me. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links. Happy Friday! I’ve been asked to start a new series here at FutureDerm on makeup brushes! Many of you have asked for it! This first post focuses on eye brushes and I [...]
- 3 Ways Moisturizers Function 3 Ways Moisturizers Function
- Amala Brightening Face Polish Review Amala Brightening Face Polish Review
You remember Narcissus, don’t you? That ridiculously good-looking Greek hunter who was lured by Nemesis to a reflective pool, only to fall in love with his beautiful reflection so much that he never left said pool? You know, the guy who sta [...]
- Beauty Myth Busting: Beer Rinse for Soft and Shiny Hair Beauty Myth Busting: Beer Rinse for Soft and Shiny Hair
It seems that every list I read about kitchen beauty tricks and tips seems to include pouring beer on your hair. Honestly, you guys, I remember college, I’ve been to bars, and I know how unpleasant and sticky it is to get covered in beer. S [...]
The Dermatology Blog
- Are Skin Tags Dangerous? Are Skin Tags Dangerous?
Skin tags are harmless, benign growths that can easily be removed by your dermatologist. Continue reading → Related posts: Four Self Skin Checks for Wintertime Summertime lends itself to showing a lot more skin. There... Skin Care M [...]
- Think Before You Ink: The Truth About Tattoo Removal Think Before You Ink: The Truth About Tattoo Removal
Maybe it’s because I’m a dermatologist, but there’s one thing I’m certain about when it comes to tattoos: Many people who have them wish that there was an easy way to remove them. A recent survey from England shows t [...]
- How to Treat Keratosis Pilaris or “Chicken Skin” How to Treat Keratosis Pilaris or “Chicken Skin”
If you have tiny bumps on the backs of your arms or on your thighs, you likely have keratosis pilaris or "chicken skin," is a common, genetic skin disorder, that can be treated with many OTC products. Continue reading → Related posts [...]
- Itchy Ears? It Could Be Your Artisan Earrings Itchy Ears? It Could Be Your Artisan Earrings
Study shows local artists' earrings are more likely to contain nickel, a common cause of allergic contact dermatitis. Continue reading → Related posts: Nickel Named Allergen of the Year Forget the Oscars. The American Contact Dermat [...]
- How To Remove Plantar Warts How To Remove Plantar Warts
Plantar warts which occur on the feet are more common in summertime. Here's how to treat plantar warts. Continue reading → Related posts: 3 Ways To Keep Warts From Spreading on Your Hands Warts aren’t just for witches. People [...]