Playing With Angels
- Because Beautiful Doesn’t Mean Perfect! Because Beautiful Doesn’t Mean Perfect!
I am absolutely speechless! “It is special to see yourself like this. When you usually can’t look at yourself in the mirror.”
- Pető Method: The Inner Miracle Pető Method: The Inner Miracle
Amazing photos from the Peto Institute by Csaba Kohari and Balazs Tatai. Thank you guys for sharing this wonderful collection with us! For all the photos click HERE!
- I am a Conductor and I am proud of it! I am a Conductor and I am proud of it!
This is me, I am a conductor. No, I am not a therapist and I am not checking bus tickets but I have the most wonderful profession on Earth! Every morning I wake up and go to the Peto Institute where I play with Angels! Dear Readers, dear Co [...]
- Interview: Life with a Superhero! Interview: Life with a Superhero!
I am interviewing Kathryn U. Hulings, the author of the wonderful book about Michael, the Superhero! “Most of the books about parenting a child who has Down syndrome are concerned with only the first few years of life and are based i [...]
- Top 5 most popular posts – yearly statistic! Top 5 most popular posts – yearly statistic!
Today I thought I would check my yearly statistics about my most popular posts! Here is the result: 1. Infographics about Cerebral Palsy 2. Me, the conductor! 3. Cerebral Palsy: Becoming an Angel 4. My collection of Cerebral Palsy 5. Merma [...]
Love That Max
- The best Cars 2 birthday party in the history of the world The best Cars 2 birthday party in the history of the world
Max squealed his head off when he got the Cars 2 Talking Lightning McQueen, which he has been asking for daily for the last year. And then he was speechless as Dave unwrapped it and loaded the batteries. He hasn't let it out of his sight si [...]
- Special Needs Blogger Weekend Link-up: Just what you've been waiting for Special Needs Blogger Weekend Link-up: Just what you've been waiting for
It's the Special Needs Blogger Weekend Link-Up! Isn't that special? (Bonus points if you remember the Saturday Night Live character known for saying that.)The ideaLink to a favorite post of the week—yours or someone else's. Note: A few peop [...]
- Genius idea from Max: Regift to yourself Genius idea from Max: Regift to yourself
Max didn't have his fill of Cars 2 presents for Chanukah. So he decided he was going to regift a present...to himself. He walked over to the toy box where we keep a lot of Lightning McQueen stuff and pulled out a puzzle. Then he grabb [...]
- Oh, the things we do to make our kids happy Oh, the things we do to make our kids happy
Some of my favorite childhood memories are of my birthday parties; I can picture a fancy black velvet dress I wore with pink tulle trim, my mom walking out of the kitchen with a cake filled with lit candles, the flash of my dad's camera as [...]
- Max is driving and maybe someday, for real Max is driving and maybe someday, for real
Max likes to sit in our car while it's parked on the driveway and make like he's driving. He grips the steering wheel, bounces up and down as if he's on a bumpy road and pretends to honk the horn. Dave or I hang outside, drink a cup of coff [...]
- Young Girl with Global Developmental Delay Walks After 8 Months on the Snowdrop Programme. Young Girl with Global Developmental Delay Walks After 8 Months on the Snowdrop Programme.
The little girl featured here has a diagnosis of Global Developmental Delay has been on the Snowdrop programme for just 8 months. In the previous 3 years of her life, there had been no sign of her walking. Yesterday, due to the [...]
- Young Girl with Cerebral Palsy Walks After 8 Months on the Snowdrop Programme. Young Girl with Cerebral Palsy Walks After 8 Months on the Snowdrop Programme.
The little girl featured here has a diagnosis of cerebral palsy has been on the Snowdrop programme for just 8 months. In the previous 3 years of her life, there had been no sign of her walking. Yesterday, due to the hard work of [...]
- Overcoming Cortical Visual Impairment. Overcoming Cortical Visual Impairment.
This little girl was diagnosed as 'legally blind' two years ago. She had what is known as CVI, (cortical visual impairment, - a situation where the eyes are working as they should be, but the brain is unable to interpret the visual si [...]
- Moving Away from Autism on the Snowdrop Programme. Moving Away from Autism on the Snowdrop Programme.
This little boy, who has a diagnosis of severe Autism, has been following the Snowdrop programme for just over a year. His sensory processing problems were so severe as to preclude him from leaving the house. His language was ve [...]
- I can Stand! I can Stand!
This was posted by a mum, on the 'private' Snowdrop group for parents who have children on the programme this morning. It shows just what is possible with patience and determination. "This is my lovely 2.5 year old girl with qu [...]
Conductive Education in B.C.
- Redundanshi. Redundanshi.
Why is it that on the day when yer wife says, "I wanna go out for sushi tonight," that all you have in the fridge for lunch is rice and veggies? What to do?
- You want to help? Get out of [IN] the way. You want to help? Get out of [IN] the way.
I know I've beaten this phrase to death; but the memory of it stands out so clear. My Dad had the Volvo up on jacks, in the garage, during one of our Minnesota winters. He had his wood-burning stove going too; and I don't [...]
- Irresistable or not? Irresistable or not?
In my family, where we have my son 50%; and his school is NOT conductively oriented; it has been a long, somewhat sad road. I've been asking his teachers for YEARS to consider doing things a different way. I've been met with a cascade of [...]
- Invite to those interested in starting a BC CE Association. Invite to those interested in starting a BC CE Association.
I think it's time to organize a BC CE Association. Working in a vacuum is ridiculous, especially when I see how quick folks want to work conductive education into their programs; be it home schooling, a publi [...]
- Least Necessary Help. . . Least Necessary Help. . .
Holy smokes. Seriously, this one kills me; because in the world of able-bodied edumacation, "least necessary help" is the absolute norm. Overexplaining, overly necessary help, simply strangles the educational opportunities that [...]
Conductive Education Information
- Books from Conductive Education Press. Tell me what you think Books from Conductive Education Press. Tell me what you think
In all forms of retail it helps to know what the market wants and needs, and what it is prepared to shop and pay for. More importantly who is doing the shopping. Conductive Education Press is no different.Conductive Education Press was set [...]
- Adult Conductive Education sessions in the US - update Adult Conductive Education sessions in the US - update
On 7 November I posted information about the future sessions of Conductive Education being offered in the US for those with Parkinson's by Maria Heine.http://www.gillian-maguire.info/2013/11/new-conductive-education-services-for.htmlThis in [...]
- Email hacking Email hacking
Andrew Sutton's email has been hacked and people have been getting notes asking for money. This is a scam as he has posted on his blog athttp://www.conductive-world.info/2013/11/it-is-scam.htmlIt seems that it is getting harder to be safe f [...]
- Things that András Pető said Things that András Pető said
Over the years I have seen many quotes assigned to András Pető without any information about the source, or even who he said it to. Preparing the CEP quotationary of András Pető and his Conductive Education enabled me to collect remark [...]
- New Conductive Education services for adults in US New Conductive Education services for adults in US
Today a link appeared in my email in box which led to an announcement by Maria Heine on her new blog. For sometime now she has been providing Conductive Education in the Home Counties of the UK and now she is starting up some services for a [...]
- NEW ZEALAND NEW ZEALAND
Getting on with itFrom the latest edition of the embarrassingly full newsletter of the New Zealand Foundation of Conductive Education –A recent survey established that as at September a total of 249 young persons and adults are accessing Co [...]
- CINEMA NEWS – RELEASE DATE CINEMA NEWS – RELEASE DATE
Walking with the EnemyThe film Walking with the Enemy will be generally released in the United States on 25 April 2014:http://www.walkingwiththeenemy.com/https://www.facebook.com/WalkingWithTheEnemyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_with_ [...]
- ARGUMENTUM AD IGNORANTIAM ARGUMENTUM AD IGNORANTIAM
Arguing from ignoranceDeriving truth from researchI have to thank Rony Schenker for steering me back into these deep waters. The question is one of logic.To cut a long story short: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. In other wo [...]
- HURRY, HURRY, HURRY! HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!
Disposal of CE 'furniture'Excellent provenanceWhen it's gone, it's goneColin and Donna Mock were amongst the first parents to take their cerebrally palsied children to Budapest, back in the late eighties. They were also amongst the first f [...]
- ENGLAND AND WALES: ANOTHER SURPRISE! ENGLAND AND WALES: ANOTHER SURPRISE!
Shock, horror: Charity Commission a dud – and that's officialThe charitable (voluntary) sector has played a leading role in developing Conductive Education in England and Wales*, where charities are regulated by the Charity Commission. [...]
- Helping hands Helping hands
Christmas RoseTips for every day lifeWe are in the middle of a three-week long stroke course. It is my favourite work at the moment and my favourite time is when we conductors take a step back and encourage the clients start to talk [...]
- Winter gets more wintery overnight Winter gets more wintery overnight
Same time, same place, just one day later with snow!
- Winter is here! Winter is here!
It was still dark when I left the house but there was a sign of light in the sky. After five minutes on the tram there was already sun shining on the glass of the office blocks at the tram terminal. As I travelled out of town, past the air [...]
- WCCE8 2013 – Impression VI WCCE8 2013 – Impression VI
My posters - 2010 and 2013, and a wall full of other people's paintingsPoster 2013PostersOh, how I wish that I had had the forethought to photograph all 78 of the posters on display at the World Congress. There were so many inte [...]
- Puskás Tivadar Puskás Tivadar
Most Brits know Puskás. They would say he is a famous Hungarian footballer. That is Ferenc Puskás.Few know that it was another Puskás, Tivadár, who developed the telephone exchange and founded a telephone newspaper in Budapest, Telefon Hír [...
- Special Education reforms: opportunities for conductive education in the UK Special Education reforms: opportunities for conductive education in the UK
Andrew Sutton left a Comment on my recent blog posting "Some SEN Statementing questions answered by Special Needs Jungle" in the form of a link to a posting on his own blog where, after leading in with a clip from...
- Some SEN Statementing questions answered by Special Needs Jungle. Some SEN Statementing questions answered by Special Needs Jungle.
Best just go straight to Tania Tirraoro's post on Special Needs Jungle to read all the answers in full. Lots of good advice, too. Here are the questions, with some single word answers: Can I still apply for a statement...
- Response to Commons question on SEN teacher training less than informative Response to Commons question on SEN teacher training less than informative
The oral question was asked by Emma Lewell-Buck (S Shields Lab) of the Children's Minister, Edward Timpson: “What assessment he has made of the adequacy of the training and support available for the teaching of children with special educati [...]
- Cross-party defence of real cost of special education Cross-party defence of real cost of special education
The best bit is the contribution by Claire Dorer CEO of the National Association of Independent and non-maintained special schools. But it's great to see cross-party support in minority-Labour-run Merton defending the real cost of special e [...]
- "This is an Outstanding School" - Ofsted on Paces School "This is an Outstanding School" - Ofsted on Paces School
Congratulations to the whole team on an "Outstanding" result. We should have a party! The report from Ofsted will not be published on their website until 11th November, but here is an approved preview: Paces High Green School for Conductive [...]