EveryDay Health - Psoriasis Blog
- Psoriasis and Heart Risk Failure Psoriasis and Heart Risk Failure
For any of you on a strict diet, trying to exercise and lose weight, I’m right there with you. It’s a recurring theme here on the Itch to Beat Psoriasis to address hypertension, high cholesterol and triglycerides, and lose weight. However [..
- World Psoriasis Day 2013 World Psoriasis Day 2013
World Psoriasis Day 2013 is on October 29th this year. After looking around the web a bit, I pulled together a couple of resources you can look into to participate in the day. I just finished up a grueling few weeks and am just getting ba [...]
- The Relocation Headache: Finding a New Dermatologist The Relocation Headache: Finding a New Dermatologist
Life is moving at the proverbial speed of light. We’re in the midst of all that goes into relocating, including selling the house, transitioning between jobs, and looking at where to settle down in our new locale. Why would I put myself t [...]
- Get Off the Couch! It’s Time to Exercise Get Off the Couch! It’s Time to Exercise
Exercise. That one word elicits a whole host of responses. When I’m tired the word gives me a long face. When I weigh myself, I feel guilty I haven’t done more of it. When my peers are running marathons or waking early to go to the gym, [
- Psoriasis Pet Peeves: It’s Just a Rash! Psoriasis Pet Peeves: It’s Just a Rash!
Psoriasis pet peeves. I’ve experienced a few, such as when people try to take advantage of my skin condition to sell me a product. Here’s another one: when people say psoriasis is only a skin rash. For years I’ve had p [...]
- A Self-Hypnosis Sensory-Imagery Technique For Skin Conditions A Self-Hypnosis Sensory-Imagery Technique For Skin Conditions
Further to my previous blog entry here, citing some of the research supporting the use of hypnosis for help with skin conditions, as promised I am going to share a couple of self-hypnosis techniques in coming days. Today is one … Cont [...]
- The Evidence for Using Hypnosis with Skin Disorders The Evidence for Using Hypnosis with Skin Disorders
As of today, I am again part of the online clinic here at the TalkHealth Partnership. This particular online clinic is looking at skin disorders. Those familiar with this site will know that the clinics offer lots of support from … Co [...]
- Psoriasis and me Psoriasis and me
So I haven’t written on this blog for a while and to be honest it’s because my psoriasis has been surprisingly calm for the last few months. Last time I wrote about how I was looking for different ways to … Continue reading → [...]
- The magical benefits of Salt for Asthma, COPD, Sinusitis and other respiratory and skin conditions The magical benefits of Salt for Asthma, COPD, Sinusitis and other respiratory and skin conditions
We are all familiar with the benefits of sea air and natural salt caves, but did you know that salt has also been used for over 200 years as a natural therapy for respiratory ailments and skin conditions? Salt therapy … Continue readi [...]
- The FreeFrom Skincare Awards 2013 shortlist is announced! The FreeFrom Skincare Awards 2013 shortlist is announced!
Almost 80 products from over 50 skincare manufacturers have made the shortlist of the second annual FreeFrom Skincare Awards, which has been announced today. Five brands lead the way with three shortlisted products each – Barefoot Botanical [...]