Med Page Today
Medical News Today
- Children with ACL injuries require special treatment Children with ACL injuries require special treatment
Until a child's bones have fully matured (in girls, typically by age 14; in boys, age 16), an injury to the anterior cruciate ligament -- the primary, stabilizing ligament of the knee joint -- requires special consideration, treatment and c [...]
- Optimized custom-made ski sledges Optimized custom-made ski sledges
At the 2014 Winter Paralympics, competitors will line up wearing optimized sit skis that are adapted to their individual needs.
- Study identifies skiers who can be successfully treated without surgery after an ACL tear Study identifies skiers who can be successfully treated without surgery after an ACL tear
Roughly a quarter of recreational skiers who tear their anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) while hitting the slopes can be successfully treated without surgery, according to a new study.
- Steroids help reverse rapid bone loss tied to rib fractures Steroids help reverse rapid bone loss tied to rib fractures
A series of studies found that steroid drugs, known for inducing bone loss with prolonged use, actually help suppress a molecule that’s key to the rapid bone loss process.
- Water tubing-related injuries up 250 percent Water tubing-related injuries up 250 percent
Water tubing, a recreational activity in which participants ride an inner tube which is pulled behind a boat by a tow rope, has grown in popularity in recent years. Unfortunately, the number of injuries related to this activity has also inc [...]