- From the Ask D’Mine Mail Bag… From the Ask D’Mine Mail Bag…
If it isn’t one thing with diabetes, it’s another — from trying to figure out our dosing needs to cross-over with other ailments to how we feel about sharing our D-issues with loved ones and others in our lives. We…The post From the A [..
- Wanted in a Nutshell: Hassle-Free Diabetes Tech Wanted in a Nutshell: Hassle-Free Diabetes Tech
Earlier this week, I read with interest the guest post from our friend and fellow type 1 John Sjolund about diabetes devices sorely needing simplification, i.e. integration and easy ways to make the data more accessible. His points struck a [...]
- Second-Guessing Carb Counting: Is There a Better Way? Second-Guessing Carb Counting: Is There a Better Way?
We diligently check the carb counts on food packaging, and do the carb-counting guess-math in our heads any time we’ve got food in front of us on the table. But as any PWD (person with diabetes) knows, carb counting is…The post [...]
- Three Rules of Diabetes Tech: Simplify, Simplify, Simplify Three Rules of Diabetes Tech: Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
John Sjolund is the CEO and co-founder of Timesulin, a company that makes a clever digital insulin pen cap that keeps track of your dosing. You may have heard about their launch in Canada on Oct. 1 and Finland in…The post Three Rules [...]
- A Skeptic’s View of Our Summit: Anger and Hope in Palo Alto A Skeptic’s View of Our Summit: Anger and Hope in Palo Alto
Those of you who read our weekly Ask D’Mine column know what a skeptic Wil Dubois is. We can’t help loving him for it! He’s also one of our devoted editorial team members, so keep that all in mind as…The post A Skep [...]
Diabetes Stops Here
- Shop This Holiday Season to Stop Diabetes® Shop This Holiday Season to Stop Diabetes®
Today officially kicks-off the holiday shopping season and with that, the focus is now about getting through your shopping list! But don’t worry, we have just the suggestion for how you can get started picking out the perfect gift for every [...]
- Diabetes Advocate Honored By WebMD Diabetes Advocate Honored By WebMD
The Association is thrilled to announce that one of our extraordinary diabetes advocates, Tracy Milligan of Jacksonville, Florida, has been named a 2013 WebMD Health Heroes award winner. Continue reading →
- National Service Achievement Award Winners National Service Achievement Award Winners
Each year, the American Diabetes Association recognizes the outstanding contributions of individuals in the service of the diabetes community through its National Service Achievement Awards. Continue reading →
- Thanksgiving Recipe Throwdown! Thanksgiving Recipe Throwdown!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it’s time to start planning a menu! What’s better than having your friends and family for dinner, while also treating them to some tasty and healthy side dishes? We invited four American Diabetes [...]
- Skin Complications and Diabetes Skin Complications and Diabetes
Diabetes can affect every part of the body, including the skin.As many as one out of three people who are living with diabetes will have a skin disorder caused or affected by diabetes at some time in their lives. Continue reading →
Diabetes Views (MGH Diabetes Education)
- Diabetes and the Brain Diabetes and the Brain
By Eileen B. Wyner, NP Bulfinch Medical Group I’m confident that I’m not the only one who frequently goes wild because I can’t remember where I put my T-Pass, or my wallet or gloves. I know I had them, but can’t remember where I put them.
- Managing Holiday Stress Tweet Chat with the Benson-Henry Institute Managing Holiday Stress Tweet Chat with the Benson-Henry Institute
- All About (Cooking) Oil All About (Cooking) Oil
The last time you went to the supermarket, did you happen to notice all the different types of cooking oils on the shelf? There’re the old standbys olive and canola oils, but you may also encounter things like walnut, sesame and even avoca [...]
- Apple Spiced Sweet Potatoes Apple Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Jazz up your Thanksgiving table with this sweet potato recipe from the MGH Be Fit program that features seasonal spices and a healthy dose of vitamin A to help protect your body against infection. Ingredients: 1½ pound sweet potatoes 1½ cup [...]
- Healthy Holiday Cooking Chat Healthy Holiday Cooking Chat
Thanks to everyone who tuned in to our healthy holiday cooking chat earlier this week. Click below for highlights. Hope you’ll join us next month when we talk strategies for managing holiday stress with The Benson-Henry Institute for [...]
- Managing diabetes in the winter: Safety tips Managing diabetes in the winter: Safety tips
When winter temperatures drop and holidays abound, take extra steps to safely manage your diabetes.
- Flu shot extra important if you have diabetes Flu shot extra important if you have diabetes
If you have diabetes, you're at increased risk of flu-related complications and death. Reduce your risk with a flu shot.
- Diabetes after pancreatectomy: A unique challenge Diabetes after pancreatectomy: A unique challenge
If you need your pancreas removed (pancreatectomy), you’ll immediately develop type 1 diabetes and unique challenges.
- Diabetes: Take baby steps toward healthy lifestyle changes Diabetes: Take baby steps toward healthy lifestyle changes
When making lifestyle changes to manage diabetes, consider starting with small, realistic, measurable steps.
- Diabetes and weight loss: Tips for success Diabetes and weight loss: Tips for success
Diabetes and weight loss: Aim for success by learning from those who've achieved long-term weight loss.
- Sense4Baby Cardiotocography System Gets FDA 510(k) and European CE Mark Approval Sense4Baby Cardiotocography System Gets FDA 510(k) and European CE Mark Approval
Currently, routine checkups for expecting mothers only happen intermittently when the patient is at the doctor’s office. Sense4Baby’s model B+ mobile based cardiotocography system, recently approved for use in both the US and Eu [...]
- Sorin Group Gets CE Mark for MRI Compatible KORA 100 Pacing System Sorin Group Gets CE Mark for MRI Compatible KORA 100 Pacing System
The Sorin Group announced it has received CE Mark approval for its MRI compatible KORA 100 SR and DR pacing systems, one of which has been successfully implanted in a 79-year-old man. When an MRI instrument begins scanning, the KORA 100 is [...]
- Cochlear Limited Receives FDA Approval for Magnetic Bone Conduction Hearing Device Cochlear Limited Receives FDA Approval for Magnetic Bone Conduction Hearing Device
Cochlear Limited (Centennial, CO) has received FDA 510(k) clearance for the Cochlear Baha 4 Attract system. With this FDA approval, Cochlear now offers both a magnetic as well as a direct bone conduction hearing solution in the US. The Baha [...]
- Danish Researchers Develop Self Assembling DNA ‘Nanocage’ For Transportation of Medicine Inside Body Danish Researchers Develop Self Assembling DNA ‘Nanocage’ For Transportation of Medicine Inside Body
A team of researchers from the department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Aarhus University in Denmark have developed a DNA-based nanorobot, or ‘nanocage’, with the aim of simplifying the transport of medicine throughout th [...]
- Athos Develops Workout Attire that Monitors Muscle Activity Athos Develops Workout Attire that Monitors Muscle Activity
Athos (Redwood City, CA), a company started by two students from the University of Waterloo, Canada, has developed workout attire with embedded sensors that track muscle function and activity. The Athos garment consists of a long sleeve shi [...]
Six Until Me
- Email Subscriptions. Email Subscriptions.
Hi there! Posting one last time over on this platform, in case you haven't subscribed to the new blog update. If you want to continue to receive email updates from the blog, you'll need to visit the new site and click on the ema [...]
- Domain Shuffle. Domain Shuffle.
There's a new look at Six Until Me, but you may need to clear your browser cache (or go to www.sixuntilme.com/wp) to view the new blog. Thanks for reading!
- Always Learning. Always Learning.
I just figured out what the hell this thing is for:Capping up a pre-filled insulin pump cartridge. For YEARS now I've been wondering what the hell this was, and then tossing it into the garbage after a site change (but then finding [...]
- D-Blog Week: At Least It's Not ... D-Blog Week: At Least It's Not ...
Today's D-Blog Week prompt is: "If you could switch chronic diseases, which one would you choose to deal with instead of diabetes? And while we’re considering other chronic conditions, do you think your participation in the [...]
- D-Blog Week: Accomplishments, Big and Small. D-Blog Week: Accomplishments, Big and Small.
My biggest accomplishment? This is pretty big:My smallest accomplishment? My littlest friend:Enough said.[For more posts on Accomplishments, Big and Small, check out these links!]
Your Diabetes May Vary
- What is Important What is Important
This is a repost from August 2, 2008. Still True. Congratulations Jeff, Laura and everyone associated with Friends for Life on keeping what is important, important. Love Ya/Mean ItI had a teacher in college who regularly asked in [...]
- Abbott Recalls Certain FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Test Strips Abbott Recalls Certain FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Test Strips
From https://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/press-room/2013/2013-h.html:November 27, 2013ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Nov. 27, 2013 — Abbott today announced it is initiating a voluntary recall of 20 lots of FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Te [...]
- HON Certified HON Certified
I am happy to announce that Your Diabetes May Vary is now a HON Certified site.I try to be trust worth and transparent, if at time a loony, patient / caregiver voice. HON creates a structure that respects and allow me to pledges to honor th [...]
- Charlie Kimball on DSMALive Rents Nov 18 Charlie Kimball on DSMALive Rents Nov 18
Join Lorraine and I as we chat with Charlie Kimball, IndyCar's #83, Winner of Mid Ohio and T1D.Geeky racing call in questions welcome, as are geeky diabetes questions.http://www.blogtalkradio.com/diabetessocmed/2013/11/19/dsma-live-rents-ch [...]
- Hyper is an understatement, Brilliant Makeup. Hyper is an understatement, Brilliant Makeup.
This is brilliant:
- This Week's Diabetesalicious Giveaway Winners & An Honest To Goodness Diabetes Hero This Week's Diabetesalicious Giveaway Winners & An Honest To Goodness Diabetes Hero
First: Time to announce the winners for this week's Diabetesalicious giveaways!The Winner of the Tuesday's Kind Bar Cube giveaway is Wendy Rose and the winner of Thursday's DiabetesSisters Grab Bags giveaway is Jessi Panke!Congrats, la [...]
- Today's Giveaway Is For The DiabetesSisters In The DOC~ Today's Giveaway Is For The DiabetesSisters In The DOC~
Today's giveaway is donated by the fantastical DiabetesSisters.Org and is for all the amazing DiabetesSisters in the DOC~ DiabetesSisters is an amazing organization for women with diabetes, from women with diabetes offering s [...]
- Misty The Wonder Pup Misty The Wonder Pup
My friend Misty is a Wonder Pup for sure. But her Wonder Pup skills also sorta freaked me out this weekend - but in an amazing way!######My friend Misty~This past weekend I was lucky enough to stay with good friends and unwind. We talk [...]
- Here's Your Chance To Get KINDED! Here's Your Chance To Get KINDED!
Today's your chance to get "KINDED!" Yep, being "KINDED" is a real thing and it's delicious! Today's holiday giveaway is a funky looking Kind Cube filled with 16 delicious gluten free KIND Bars.A little KIND for you and some KIND [...]
- A Hodge-Podge of Diabetes Giveaways, Cyber Monday & #GivingTuesday A Hodge-Podge of Diabetes Giveaways, Cyber Monday & #GivingTuesday
Thanksgiving is done, Diabetes Awareness Month is officially over, but our dedication to diabetes advocacy is not. I know November was exhausting as far as diabetes awareness was concerned, but keep spreading the diabetes word guys!We [...]
Everyone's Blog Posts - TuDiabetes
- Working Toward a Cure Working Toward a Cure
- Tomorrow Tomorrow
- WHEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO... WHEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...
- Mom's Journal about Life after her Son was Diagnosed with Type 1 Mom's Journal about Life after her Son was Diagnosed with Type 1
- Diaguy (Legend In His Own Mind) Diaguy (Legend In His Own Mind)