American Academy of Pediatrics
- ACIP releases interim 2013-'14 influenza season recommendations [NEWS AND FEATURES] ACIP releases interim 2013-'14 influenza season recommendations [NEWS AND FEATURES]
- AAP policy offers framework for care of, advocacy for immigrant children [NEWS AND FEATURES] AAP policy offers framework for care of, advocacy for immigrant children [NEWS AND FEATURES]
- High school athletes say concussions won't sideline them [PAS MEETING UPDATE] High school athletes say concussions won't sideline them [PAS MEETING UPDATE]
- Nearly 20% of suicidal youths have guns in their home [PAS MEETING UPDATE] Nearly 20% of suicidal youths have guns in their home [PAS MEETING UPDATE]
- Childhood disability rate jumps 16% over past decade [PAS MEETING UPDATE] Childhood disability rate jumps 16% over past decade [PAS MEETING UPDATE]
Med Page Today
Medical News Today
Science Daily - Children's Health News
- Support needed for children losing parent at early age Support needed for children losing parent at early age
A study exploring the impact of early parental death has revealed the long-term damage and suffering that can be experienced by individuals in adult life if appropriate levels of support are not provided at the time of bereavement.
- New insight on relationship between parents, preschoolers and obesity New insight on relationship between parents, preschoolers and obesity
While sugary drinks, lack of exercise and genetics contribute to a growing number of overweight American children, new research reveals how a mom's eating habits and behavior at the dinner table can influence her preschooler's obesity risk.
- Experimental gene therapy treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy offers hope for youngster Experimental gene therapy treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy offers hope for youngster
Jacob Rutt is a bright 11-year-old who likes to draw detailed maps in his spare time. But the budding geographer has a hard time with physical skills most children take for granted -- running and climbing trees are beyond him, and even walk [...]
- Long-term side-effects of targeted therapies in pediatric cancer patients Long-term side-effects of targeted therapies in pediatric cancer patients
Already we know that molecularly targeted therapies may stunt the growth of pediatric patients, delay puberty or speed the onset of diabetes. And researchers are just now starting to ask about additional, sometimes unforeseen side-effects, [...]
- Children with ACL injuries require special treatment Children with ACL injuries require special treatment
Until a child's bones have fully matured (in girls, typically by age 14; in boys, age 16), an injury to the anterior cruciate ligament -- the primary, stabilizing ligament of the knee joint -- requires special consideration, treatment and c [...]
University of Arkansas
- Pediatrics News Pediatrics News
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences provides exceptional children’s patient care, education and research. Our mission is to spread and promote medical knowledge appropriate to the future of the fi [...]
- Fellows' Research Day Fellows' Research Day
SAVE THE DATE for Fellows' Research Day, May 14, 2013. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm: Fellow's Presentations. 6:30 pm: Fellows' Award Banquet. More information to come . . .
- 2013 Team Up Autism Conference 2013 Team Up Autism Conference
The 2013 Team Up Autism Conference will be held April 1-3, 2013 at Embassy Suites Hotel, Little Rock, Arkansas. Registration is now available! You may register online at http://goo.gl/RNGgx.
- Michele Moss Honors Michele Moss Honors
We are very proud to announce that Dr. Michele Moss was recently awarded the Distinguished Service Award at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Society for Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)! This is a wonderful honor to recognize her contributions [...]
- Dr. Billy Thomas Honored Dr. Billy Thomas Honored
Just Communities of Arkansas is honoring Dr. Billy thomas for his work on the UAMS Campus for diversity. The Gathering of Friends/Fr. Joseph Biltz Awards event is January 31, 2013, 5:30-7:00pm at the Darragh Center, Main Library, 100 Rock [...]